This page will be a living document as I first plan to collect my thoughts and then expand them.
The other day I gathered together some bullet points, here’s what I came up with in no particular order:
- Music that exists only in the moment
- Finite, temporary nature of sound and art
- Designing a synth or modular system/instrument to perform on and along with
- Why a Pedal Board? Easy to understand, visualize, edit, and manipulate
- Elements remain the same with their generative processes at work, live pacing and shaping (intervention) in the hands of the composer
- Importance of melody, melodic gestures
- Echoes of the past both generative, but also through cv looper and delays
- Composing music by taking into account most possible outcomes, unaware of their exact nature.
- Composing is a solitary activity, electronics become a welcome partner
- Waves of tall grass on windswept fields
- Waves are never the same, similar and familiar though. Connect us to each other, carry history, timeless and yet ever changing
- Ocean beach being a place of escape from the sorrow of life, endless possibilities, a longing for what’s beyond the horizon
- Waves: calming, powerful, destructive, gentle, awe-inspiring, connect us, separate us